Together with our charity partner The Mix, we are delighted to introduce The Mix Connect (TMC), a new digital package for schools to support the mental health and wellbeing of their students, building on the tried and tested support channels and youth voice work of the Mix and Shout.
The Mix Connect Package
The Mix Connect offers a range of early intervention support, designed to provide young people with a variety of options for any situation they may be struggling with. It offers anonymous peer to peer support, expert advice, local services, and crisis support, all available 24 hours a day. The package includes:
- An embeddable App that provides access to a range of support and information that can be filtered to location.
- An Ambassador Programme, designed by The Mix’s Youth Voice and young people. • Within this, staff and ambassador toolkits that provide detailed guidance on telling your story and supporting young people to do this safely.
- Data sent to you monthly so that you can develop a better understanding of the issues faced by your student body to help define school strategy around wellbeing.
- Ongoing support from our team through newsletters sharing best practice, Q and A workshops and more.
How it works
- Simply embed the app on to your school website, intranet or learning platform • Get access to the staff and Ambassador toolkits through our portal which breaks down how and when is best to use them with your students
- Spread the word through our free promotional assets
- Receive data on student usage, sent to you monthly by our team
- Receive optional ongoing support, provided via workshops, newsletters and Q&A’s
TMC has been produced by experts across The Mix, including professionals from our dedicated services team, youth voice team and most importantly, young people themselves. It employs tried and tested models of mental health support and is protected by robust safeguarding procedures.
What young people say about The Mix and Shout
The Mix and Shout have over twenty-five years of practical experience in supporting young people’s wellbeing. 91% of The Mix’s users would recommend our service to a friend and 94% say they would visit again (The Mix Annual survey 2020).
“I started using The Mix to seek mental health support, as I feel unable to confide in those around me. I like the idea of being with others who understand my mental health. It makes me feel like I’m not alone.” - Mix community user
“I was in a dark place and I didn’t want to carry on, but you made me realise there is hope and things will get better.” - Shout texter