1. The promoter is: Mental Health Innovations whose registered office is at 21 Whitefriars Street, London, EC4Y 8JJ.
Mental Health Innovations runs Shout 85258, a free, confidential, 24/7 text message support service for anyone in the UK who is struggling to cope. The competition is in partnership with Go Ape.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 13 years or over except employees of Mental Health Innovations or Go Ape and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Routes to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via:
- Shout 85258 social media:
- Go Ape blog:
- Redirect to the Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/giveusashoutinsta/
6. Only one entry will be accepted per account. Multiple entries from the same account will be disqualified. If people enter once with their Twitter account and once with their Instagram account, both entries will be valid.
7. Closing date for entry will be Tuesday 30 November at 9am BST. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be considered.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
The competition will be run on Shout 85258’s social media platforms and promoted on Go Ape’s blog. Entrants must share a post from Shout 85258 about Leo Street (a 13-year-old Scout who is sleeping outside in his hammock every night of 2021 to raise money for Shout 85258) on their personal Facebook page, personal Instagram page or Story, or by retweeting from their personal Twitter account. Posts must tag Shout 85258 using the correct platform handle (@Shout on Facebook, @giveusashoutinsta on Instagram; @GiveUsAShout on Twitter) and the hashtag #LeoTheScoutForShout. Entrants on Facebook will also need to tell us about the most adventurous thing they’ve ever done in the comments. Entrants’ social media profiles will need to be public to enter.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, or other circumstances that arise that are out of its control.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows: £100 Go Ape voucher, which can be redeemed at any Go Ape facility in the UK. Go Ape T&C’s for use of the voucher can be found here.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prize is not transferable. The prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. One winner will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by the Promoter and or its agents.
14. The winner will be notified by email and/or a direct message on the social media platform they used to enter the competition (Twitter, Facebook or Instagram) within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner of how the prize will be distributed and redeemed either through direct messages on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, or through an email if the winner provides one.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
18. The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
19. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com