Our fantastic fundraisers have some truly inspiring stories to share. From bake sales to bike rides, marathons to mountain climbs, we are grateful to each and every one of you for your incredible support.
There are lots of reasons why people choose to fundraise for Shout 85258. Some people have texted Shout for support when they were struggling to cope and many know someone else who has. Others have heard about our work from friends and family or may even volunteer for us.
Whatever your reason for fundraising for Shout, sharing your story can be hugely empowering and can encourage those in need of support to reach out. Not to mention, it can also inspire more people to fundraise for us too!
How we use your story
We would like to share your story in our fundraising communications, including on our website, on our social media channels and in our email newsletters.
This helps us to celebrate your support and achievements, encourage others to take part in fundraising activities for us, and let people know that, if they are feeling worried, anxious or alone, they can text Shout for free, any time of the day or night, to start a conversation with a trained volunteer.
How to share your story
If you would like to share your fundraising story with us, please email your answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- First name (let us know if you'd prefer to use a pseudonym) and broad location (for example, a region, city or town)
- What motivated you to fundraise for Shout?
- Did you find the fundraising activity beneficial for your own mental health?
- What were your highlights?
- What would be your one piece of advice to help others make the most of their fundraising activities for Shout?
We also love it when you send us any images, videos or links that you are happy to share.
Once we’ve received your email, we will send you a short form to complete which will outline the ways in which we’d like to use your story and seek your permission to do so.
Our promise to you
- We’re here to help and support you in telling your story
- We won’t share your story without your permission
- All stories will remain anonymous unless you give us permission to use select personal details, such as your first name and broad location
- You can withdraw permission for us to share your story at any time by emailing email@example.com
Thank you for considering sharing your fundraising story with us!